Printfriendly

Cheesy Sausage Crescent Wraps!





This is a really easy breakfast idea I made for breakfast this morning.  It's like a sausage biscuit but in a crescent roll.  Crescent rolls are so versatile and good for so many things.  I did use the Big Buttery crescent rolls for this recipe.  The crescent rolls that are 50% bigger, but you can use the regular ones also. The bigger ones do hold the filling better.  Here is all you will need for these yummy wraps:



Crescent rolls, cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and sausage.  I used the precooked sausage crumbles that Jimmy Dean makes, but you can also crumble and brown a roll of sausage.  I felt like I was cheating on my favorite sausage maker...Purnell's, but as far as I know they don't make these crumbles and I had a coupon for them and they were on sale...is that enough excuses.  These crumbles are handy for pizza, quiches, breakfast casseroles and such.  A good idea is to brown up a couple of rolls of sausage (Purnell's) and let it cool, then put it in Ziploc bags and freeze it just for these type of recipes. 




I just softened the cream cheese to spreading consistency by popping it in the microwave for 30 seconds.  Spread a thin layer on each crescent roll, sprinkle some of the sausage over each one, and then sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese. 





Roll each one up as you would a crescent roll.  Place on a cookie sheet or pizza pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.  Place in a preheated 375 degree oven for 13 -15 minutes or until lightly browned. 

You have a delicious breakfast sandwich in less than 30 minutes!



7 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy!!!
    I am going to have to try them for my picky eaters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you substitute bacon for sausage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you add scrambled eggs also

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious.I will have to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous - never ask permission to subsititute bacon! lol ask forgiveness! either way these so just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added scrambled eggs istead of the cheese, yummy!!

      Delete
  6. Can you make them the night before and bake them the next morning?

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest