Printfriendly

Pecan Cream Cheese Bars!


These pecan bars are sort of like a pecan pie, a cheese cake and a cookie all rolled into one and they are very addicting.  This is my mother's recipe and they never last too long when she makes them.  They are also really easy.  These are perfect for a dessert tray or for gift giving.   This is what you will need:

1 box butter pecan cake mix (Betty Crocker makes one)
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. of vanilla

Mix together and press in a 9"x 13" pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray

1 stick butter, melted
1 8oz. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs, beaten
1 box powdered sugar  (16 oz.)
1 tsp. vanilla


Cream butter and cream cheese together, beat in eggs, vanilla and powdered sugar.  Pour over crust. 

Top with 2 cups chopped pecans.  Place in a preheated 300 degree oven for 1 hour. 




Cool before cutting into squares.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are Judy, but I can never stop at one so I can't be around them very often...lol. So addicting!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this! I cannot wait to try these. Definitly going to be apart of my weekend baking project. It seems very easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG drooling on the keyboard here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Drooling on the keyboard here, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy. Will try these soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made a couple of times to take to church gatherings and every body loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have a "real ingredients" alternative to the cake mix? I have to stay away from soy, and it's in all the mixes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara, you could probably substitute 2 3/4 cups self rising flour,1 3/4 cups sugar, 1 stick butter, 1 egg, 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 tsp. butternut flavoring. Mix together and pat in the pan for the crust, just like you would the cake mix.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do they need to be refrigerated?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do they need to be refrigerated or could I leave them out tonight and cut in squares in a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They have cream cheese in them, but I think you could leave them out for one night and it would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are great! I made them for a family gathering, they were gone in no time ....I made 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to make this sometime in the next week, Christmas giving and a few for hubby and me.

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest