Printfriendly

Mozzarella Tomato Salad!



This is such a simple salad, but it is so fresh and full of flavor.  It's a salad that I like to make when I might not have fresh salad greens on hand, but I still want a salad with my meal.  I always usually have these ingredients available in the summer.   This has fresh basil in it and I grow that all over in the summer, because I just love the flavor and smell of basil.   Here is what you will need for this salad:

5 fresh tomatoes, diced bite size (I used 3 red and 2 yellow for color, but whatever you have is fine)
1 medium sweet onion, sliced in thin rings (I prefer Vidalia if I can get them)
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
8 oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin or the Mozzarella pearls cut in half
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced fine
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Combine the tomatoes, onion rings and fresh basil in a salad bowl. 

Slice the Mozzarella balls in half or if you are using a larger piece of fresh Mozzarella cut it in thin slices.   This is the type I like to use.  It comes marinated in herbs and you can find it in the cheese section of your supermarket. 

Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic.  Drizzle over the salad and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.  

I like to finish with a little fresh ground pepper!  It' so easy, but so good!








4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get the printer friendly method to print? Any suggestions?
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's in green about the red pin it.

      Delete
  3. The print function doesn't work for me either!

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest