Printfriendly

White Chocolate Oreo Truffles!



I love the Oreos dipped in white chocolate, which is precisely why I don't buy them very often!  These Oreo Truffles are even better than those, because you add cream cheese to the mix and you all know I love cream cheese.

 One of our Sweet Tea and Cornbread friends wrote to me and said she had been trying to get her daughter in the kitchen with her more so that she could learn to cook.  She said she never thought about it before she starting reading my posts and I seemed to think it was so important. 

 I was thrilled somebody read it and actually took my advice...lol!   I got a good laugh from her message also.   She said her daughter reads the recipes and gets all of the ingredients out for them to cook and one day her daughter suddenly said, "I don't know who this Sweet Tea and Cornbread woman is, Mama, but she sure does love her some cream cheese"!    

Truer words were never spoken, concerning me and cream cheese...lol.  I thought it was so cute! 

These are easy as can be to make and the results are scrumptious!  Perfect for gift giving also!  Here is what you will need:

1 (14.3 oz.) bag of Oreo cookies
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 (12 oz.) bag of white chocolate chips
1 Tbs. shortening

Place Oreos in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs.  Cut the cream cheese in chunks and add to the processor bowl and process until mixed in.   You will probably need to mix it a bit more with a spoon to get it all incorporated. 

Scoop with a small ice cream scoop or cookie scoop onto a tray lined with parchment paper.  Freeze for about an hour. 

Place the white chocolate chips in a clean dry glass bowl along with the shortening and microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute or until melted.  Stir together to mix in the shortening.  

Dip the frozen Oreo balls in the melted white chocolate and place on parchment paper.  Allow to harden. 


 Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. 




5 comments:

  1. I just made choolate dipped oreo balls only difference there was no butter. Maybe thst would have made chocolste easier to dip

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant shotening not butter

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so good. They don't last long, you may want to make 2 batches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I use if I don't have a food processor? I only have a mini one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put the Oreos in a heavy duty ziplock bag and beat them with a meat mallet, rolling pin or even a hammer until thy are completely pulverized. Mix with the softened cream cheese with a mixer until well combined.


      Delete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest