Printfriendly

Sausage Pinwheels!



These "Sausage Pinwheels" are tasty little treats that are very versatile.  You can serve them for a party appetizer, along side soups, or even as a quick breakfast!   They have three ingredients and couldn't be easier!   Here is what you will need:


1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
1 (1lb.) roll of breakfast sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Unroll the crescent roll dough on a sheet of foil or wax paper.  I like to use Reynold's nonstick foil.  I know you all get tired of hearing me say that, but it's one of the best things invented in the cooking world in recent years...lol.   Press the seams of rolls together where they are perforated.


Lay the raw sausage evenly over the dough.   You can just pinch it off in pieces to do this.   Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the sausage.  



Starting on the long end of the dough, roll into a tight roll forming a pinwheel shape.  If any falls out, just tuck it back in.  Using the foil or wax paper to roll it and wrap the roll in, seal the ends by folding the paper or foil over.   Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or overnight.  Sometimes if I am short on time, I just put the roll in the freezer for about an hour and it works fine also.



With a sharp knife, slice in 1/2 inch pieces and lay on a cookie sheet that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray or I just use another sheet of nonstick foil.   Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown. 


Serve immediately!  These are also good reheated if you have leftovers!





4 comments:

  1. yummy, got to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made something very similar for years. I brown my sausage (I also put about 6-8 shakes of hot sauce while I am browning the sausage) and mix it with 1 8oz cream cheese. I also throw some shredded cheddar cheese in there as well. Cheese is its own food group right! This makes enough to cover 2 cans of crescent rolls, just like you did. I usually cut my roll into 16 slices, so in all this will make 32 sausage pinwheels. I usually make the mixture the night before, put it in the fridge overnight, and nuke it for about 30-60 secs to loosen it up so it will spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom taught me to make a sauerkraut and sausage pinwheel much the same way

    ReplyDelete

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest