Printfriendly

My Favorite Pumpkin Recipes!





Today is National Pumpkin Day, so it's only fitting that I feature some of my favorite pumpkin recipes!   Pumpkin is an ingredient that some love and some just do not care for, but many of these recipes will make even your biggest pumpkin hater learn to love it! 

Baking with pumpkin so that it's really tasty has several keys to it.  First of all, you need to season pumpkin well, but not over do it at the same time.  That sounds very contradictory, right?  What I mean is go a little heavier on the cinnamon and a little lighter on things like nutmeg and ginger or better yet, use pumpkin pie spice instead.  Pumpkin pie spice is your friend, because it is a combination of all of those stronger spices in just the right blend so they don't just choke you to death when you try to eat it. 

Don't get me wrong, I love a hint of cloves, a touch of ginger, quite a bit of cinnamon, a pinch of allspice and a very little bit of nutmeg.   In case I haven't mentioned it, I do not like nutmeg much at all.  There is just something about it that doesn't taste good to me if it is used alone or too much.  However, if you balance it with a lot of cinnamon and a bit of other  seasonings it becomes something good.  So, invest in that little can of pumpkin pie spice and use it when a recipe calls for nutmeg and ginger and such.   Be sure to use only fresh pumpkin pie spice.  If it doesn't still smell very fragrant, throw it out.  I would say a new one each Fall is in order.  The other thing about cooking with pumpkin is not to over do the pumpkin in a recipe, a little goes a long way.

Click the link under each picture for the recipes:

 

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest