Printfriendly

Cheesy Sausage Rotel Casserole!


I came up with this "Cheesy Sausage Rotel Casserole", because I had the ingredients to make my Cheesy Sausage Dip  but I needed something more like dinner and not just an appetizer.  I always have a lot of pasta on hand, thanks to the nice folks at Barilla, which is my favorite pasta, so I came up with this casserole! 

This is so good and for some reason it really hit the spot with me.  I ate the leftovers several days for lunch and it reheats really well.   I will definitely be making this again!  Here is what you will need;

12 oz. penne pasta (or any tubular pasta)
1 lb. pork sausage
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced green or red bell pepper
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 (10 oz.) can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilies
16 oz. cubed Velveeta cheese
8 oz. cubed cream cheese
2 cups milk
2 cups cheddar cheese
3-4 sliced green onions for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions, drain and set aside.

Brown the sausage along with the diced onion and bell pepper in a skillet.  If there is excess grease, drain the sausage.  There usually isn't much fat in sausage now though.  Add the seasonings, Rotel, Velveeta cheese, and cream cheese. 

 Cover and turn the heat to low.  Stir it every now and then while the cheeses are melting.  When the cheeses have melted, add 2 cups milk and stir until creamy and incorporated.  Pour the sausage mixture over the cooked pasta and lightly toss to mix it all.


Pour into a 9"x13" baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray!  Sprinkle the top evenly with the cheddar cheese.  Place in the preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes or until bubble around the edges!


 So yummy!

Sprinkle with a little green onion for garnish!   I served it with a tossed salad!  This one is a must try y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FOLLOW ME HERE ON FACEBOOK FOR DAILY POSTS:

Follow Me on Pinterest